Sunday, March 20, 2011

Your Extra Credit Opportunity




I have been hounded for extra credit opportunities for this class. I seldom offer such opportunities. BUT, I will offer ONE opportunity for extra credit, and it will require some effort on your part. If you cannot make it to this event, that is just bad luck.

Our event will be on Friday evening, April 8, at the New Orleans Museum of Art. They have a traveling exhibit on display that features Zen Calligraphy. Titled "The Sound of One Hand: Paintings and Calligraphy by Zen Master Hakuin"

As part of this exhibit, they have a lecture and demonstration titled "The Creation of Zen Calligraphy" at 6:30 PM on Friday, April 8. My plan is for you to go tour the exhibit at 5:00 PM and attend the lecture at 6:30. I will be there with a sign-in page.

If you attend this lecture, I will boost your first test grade by 10 percent, or an ENTIRE letter grade.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Nystrom, is it this friday the 25th?

    ReplyDelete